College Crafter Program
The University of Tennessee® College Crafter Program!
A Crafter is defined as an individual producing domestic handcrafted items in the home with collegiate marks and selling/distributing to individual consumers via events or direct sales. Sale sites include locations such as street festivals, craft fairs, gift marts, farmers markets, and online.
Before an individual or business may use the University of Tennessee’s logos and marks, formal permission must be granted through a license agreement. There are several types of licensing agreements to accommodate different licensee needs.
- Sales may NOT exceed 100 units or a sales revenue of more than $2500.00 in a contract year. ( for information on Formal Standard Licensing, refer to IMG College Licensing Company.)
- Applicants must complete the Crafter Application (below) completely, and send directly to our office.
- Applicants must submit a picture of each product intended for sale bearing the University’s logos or marks, cost of the product, and production cost.
- All products produced and sold must be affixed with an “Official UT Craft” hologram label distributed by the University. Additionally, the crafter must display the “Officially Licensed Collegiate Crafter” sign distributed by the University at all points of sale.
- Crafter’s should obtain their Crafter contract with them at all times during sales of official University crafted products.
- This license allows a Crafter to sell to individual consumers only. Sales of items on a wholesale basis to a third party are not permitted. All items must be handmade. No commercially manufactured items are allowed.
Examples of product categories currently not permitted under the College Crafter Program:
- T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jackets etc.
- Cornhole boards and Accessories
- Hitch Covers
- Powder Coated Tumblers
- Digital Downloads
*list and items subject to change*
University Trademarks currently not permitted under the College Crafter Program:
- College Vault Marks
- Rocky Top (includes verbiage and lyrics)
Apply for the College Crafter Program online.
Download the College Crafter Program Application and send directly to:
Office of Trademark Licensing
1551 Lake Loudon Blvd.
Lawson Athletic Center
Knoxville, TN 37996